Burning Information

Types of Permits

  • Residential Burn Permit – Required for residents with a dwelling on their property to burn vegetation (leaves, tree branches/limbs, brush, etc.) that originate from their property in 4 foot x 4 foot piles. Issued by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE).
  • Air District Burning Permit  – Required for landowners who burn larger than 4 foot x 4 foot piles or who burn on vacant land. Issued by the El Dorado County Air Quality Management District.
  • Campfire Permit – Required for individuals that camp outside of improved campgrounds. Issued by the California Wildland Fire Coordinating Group (CWCG).

Current Burn Status

Burning can only be done on permissive burn days as determined by the State Air Resources Board. Before you burn, call or visit El Dorado County Air Quality Management District for burn information at (530) 621-5897 https://www.edcgov.us/Government/AirQualityManagement/pages/burn_information_(outdoor).aspx