The Diamond Springs-El Dorado Fire Protection District
is recruiting Firefighter/EMTs and Firefighter/Paramedics for a hiring eligibility list.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Career Firefighter / EMT or Firefighter / Paramedic with the Diamond Springs-El Dorado Fire Protection District. We are pleased that you are willing to serve with us. Becoming a career employee will involve a significant commitment on your part, and we want you to understand the full requirements of employment with our organization. As a career firefighter, you assume responsibilities for the protection of life and property. Your position as a career firefighter can be hazardous, but we trust it will also prove rewarding.
We have a long, proud tradition of providing the highest level of pre-hospital emergency medical care, as well as striving for excellence with our firefighting skills. We cannot stress how seriously you must take both of these obligations.
If you take your pre-hospital care skills as seriously as your firefighting skills, we encourage you to apply.
There are several things that you must do to be placed on an eligibility list and be considered for employment as a career firefighter with our organization. They are:
1. Current DSP Volunteer Firefighters / Internal Candidates:
· Submit an
application, typed or printed clearly, along with a resume.
· Enroll in and participate in the May 17, 2011 FIREHIRE® inc. testing process.
· CPAT is not required for current DSP volunteers (the DSP PAT is acceptable) but you will not be listed on FIREHIRE listings for any other job announcements.
· For a schedule of upcoming CPAT tests click here.
· If a DSP Volunteer FF wishes to be considered for other FIREHIRE® inc eligibility lists, the District will pay for all costs associated with taking the CPAT.
2. Non-DSP Volunteer Firefighters / External Candidates:
· Compete the FIREHIRE® inc. testing process, scheduled for May 17, 2011.
· For a schedule of upcomming CPAT tests click here.
3. Firefighter / EMT applicants must meet or exceed these requirements.
4. Firefighter / EMT-P applicants must meet or exceed these requirements.
6. A Chief’s selection interview, pre-employment background check, medical examination and drug screening will be conducted as hiring opportunities present themselves.
As you can see, this process will require a lot of effort on your part. We are confident you will find employment with the District rewarding and challenging.
If you have any questions, pertaining to the hiring process, please search the website first. If you still need to speak with someone regarding the process, please call the Diamond Springs - El Dorado Fire Protection District at (530) 626-3190 and ask to speak with Battalion Chief Ken Earle.
Once again, thanks for your interest!
Battalion Chief, Kenneth R. Earle