The district has gone to great expense to provide an extensive videotape training library for the El Dorado County fire service community. Unfortunately, there has been a real problem tracking videotapes that have been loaned out and ensuring their return to the library. This deprives personnel of needed training and is quite costly to the district. This procedure is designed to control and monitor our videotape library without further loss.
II. Responsible Person
The Assistant Fire Chief is responsible for the overall management of the videotape library.
A. The following people may check out videotapes:
1. Members and employees of the Diamond Springs - El Dorado Fire District.
2. Representatives of other El Dorado County fire districts.
3. Private citizens upon approval of a Chief Officer or a Captain.
B. Any person removing a videotape from Station 49 must check the tape out and sign for it in the following manner:
1. Date, sign and otherwise complete the Videotape Check Out Sheet hanging on the videotape cabinet.
2. Remove the library card enclosed with the videotape, enter the date in the "Date Loaned" portion and sign the library card.
3. Place the library card in the card file on the shelf in the cabinet. Place the card behind the letter divider corresponding to the first letter of the title of the videotape.
C. Loan Time Limit
All videotapes loaned by this district must be returned within seven (7) days from the date of the loan.
D. Return Procedure
1. When returning a videotape, date the "Date Returned" portion of the Videotape Check Out Sheet corresponding to the videotape being returned.
2. Remove the card for the videotape from the card file and date the "Date Returned" portion.
3. Place the library card back in the videotape container with the videotape.
4. Place the videotape back in its proper place in the cabinet.